Fibroma (myoma) is a benign tumor of the uterus. It appears from the fibers and connective tissue of the muscles. Do not despair if you are diagnosed with this. In most cases, the uterine myoma is successfully treated. The main thing is to turn to a doctor in time.
Why does fibroids develop?
In many ways contribute to the development of fibroma poor state of the hormonal and immune system of women. It turns out that in the risk zone every second (if not the first) woman. So, it is better to conduct effective prophylaxis to your organism, to improve it, than to cure long and hard. Do not confuse fibroids with cancer, they have nothing in common.
What a fibroid looks like
Myoma is externally similar to a very elastic compaction of the internal tissues of the uterus. This “tangle” can be very small and can only be detected by X-rays. But it can gain a lot of weight and feel for palpation of the abdominal cavity. The method of treatment of uterine fibroids depends on the size of the lesion. Often there is simply no reason to treat fibroids of the uterus medically, it is removed. Myoma can appear in different places of the uterus. There are three types of it depending on the location.
- Submucous is called fibroma under the mucous membrane, which grows towards the uterine cavity;
- interstitial – compaction inside the uterine wall (small size, develops asymptomatically);
- The subserous myoma prefers the uterine surface in the peritoneum.
At the stage of diagnostics
Before starting to treat fibroids, the doctor performs a diagnosis, determines what kind of fibroid in this case it is necessary to deal with. Often, during the diagnosis and treatment of uterine fibroids, several tumor processes are suddenly found. Usually uterine fibroids have to be treated in women over forty years of age, the disease is rare in girls.
Surgical treatment of uterine myoma
With uterine myoma, surgical intervention is not always shown. It depends in many respects on the patient’s age, the size of the nodes, accompanying unpleasant symptoms. The operation is resorted to in case of well-defined indications. You will be referred for surgery if :
- in a short time, the myomatous nodes increased very sharply;
- myomatous nodes reached a large size;
- pronounced pain syndrome;
- uterine fibroid threatens the loss of a woman’s working capacity;
- uterine myoma is combined with an ovarian tumor and endometriosis;
- one disease contributes to the rapid development of another, so that it is possible to successfully cure endometriosis only by the removal of myomatous nodes;
- the nutrition of the myomatous node is disturbed;
- there was necrosis of the myomatous node (the uterus during palpation is painful, fatigue, acute pains, fever has increased);
- Myoma presses on the rectum, bladder and this leads to violations of the body’s functions;
- appeared submucous node.
Types of operations with fibroids
The method of surgical intervention for uterine myomas is chosen taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient. Take into account:
- age of a woman,
- physical state,
- state of the reproductive system.
It is obligatory to conduct examinations in the course of preoperative preparation. Embolization
The operation for curing the disease is carried out by one of the proven methods. With conservative intervention, try to save the uterus. At radical operation the uterus delete completely or leave only shejku. Usually gynecologists hold the opinion: if there is at least the slightest opportunity, it is important to use the chance and preserve the reproductive system of the woman. Doctors strongly recommend that women have to undergo an examination every six months with a gynecologist. Do this, even if you are not disturbed by pain and there are no alarming symptoms.