Cancer of the body of the uterus to date – this is the most common malignant neoplasm of the pelvic organs in women. Fortunately, when the disease is detected and the diagnosis is confirmed, in seventy cases out of a hundred a woman can be completely cured of the disease.
As a rule, it is possible to predict the result of treatment only after studying the histological type of the neoplasm, and taking into account the size of the spread of cancer cells. It should be noted that most often the cancer of the uterus body occurs during the postmenopause.
Causes of uterine cancer
The main cause of this type of malignant tumor is caused by hormonal changes in the body of a woman. Malignant tumor of the uterus body is associated with the number of hyperestrogens in a woman’s blood. In addition, it should be understood that the main risk factors are the following categories of women:
- Women who often have a disorder of the menstrual cycle.
- Women with overweight, obesity.
- Not giving birth to women
- The onset of late menopause.
- Women with signs of anovulation.
- Women who take high doses of estrogen.
- Symptom of cancer of the body of the uterus
There are many symptoms that may indicate the presence of cancer in the uterus, but many of these symptoms can also indicate other pelvic disorders in women.
Symptoms of the cancer of the body of the uterus:
- The presence of bloody discharge and vagina.
- The presence of abundant vaginal discharge, an admixture of mucus is possible.
- Frequent pain in the lower abdomen.
- Deterioration of general health is possible only in the late stages.
- It should be noted that the oncological tumor of the uterus body tends to extend to the muscular layer, as well as to the adipose tissue that surrounds the uterus, vagina, bladder and even the rectum.
- Metastasis of uterine body cancer occurs, as a rule, in the area of parenchymal organs, in the liver, lungs or spine.
- Prevention of uterine body cancer
- Prophylactic gynecological examination
In most cases, approximately 95%, the main symptom of carcinoma of the uterus is bloody discharge from the vagina, sometimes there is bleeding. These symptoms are a direct indication to immediately consult a gynecologist and conduct diagnostic tests.
In the case when the diagnosis – a malignant tumor of the uterus body is confirmed, immediately begin treatment and carefully follow all the recommendations of the doctor. In no case should not engage in self-medication. When performing all the necessary medical measures, as a rule, the forecast is favorable.
As prevention of uterine body cancer, timely treatment of all diseases or disorders of endocrine system functioning is supposed.
Do not allow long-term treatment of any disease by taking high doses of estrogen. It is mandatory to undergo a preventive gynecological examination at least twice a year. If there is a hereditary factor, you should pay special attention to your health, especially after forty years.